Thank you for joining us for online Religious Education. This website is for parents and students of Sacred Heart Parish in Gettysburg, SD.
Grades 1-9 have in-person class Wednesday January 6, 2021. Grades 5 and 6 will be meeting in the basement classroom (old KC room) and facemasks are recommended. Grade 7 will be meeting in the hall. Grades 8 and 9 will be meeting in the big basement. Grades 5 through 9 will be covering the Circle of Grace curriculum this session.
Attention Grade 8 and 9: We are starting a new curriculum through the Portal. Be sure to log in each week for your lesson assignment.
CIRCLE OF GRACE FOR GRADES 5-6: If you were unable to attend the January 6th session, please have your parent contact me via email to get a copy of the materials, OR have them sign and return the opt-out form. Click here for the parent opt-out form for Circle of Grace.
If you would like to teach this curriculum to your child at home, contact us at [email protected]
1. Click here to download our Student Information Form, which we need to grant you access to our online system.
2. Our RE students utilize our secure portal to log in for class each week and to access their assignments. Contact us if you have already turned in your Student Information Form and need a login for our portal. Each student must have a unique email address for this system, so if you have provided only your (parent) email address, please contact us.
3. In person classes are offered weekly for grades 1-4 in the afternoon from 3:45-5 pm, and grade 5 meets in the evening in the old KC basement classroom, from 7-8:15 pm.
4. Online and at-home learners have access to our learning portal and grades 7-9 are expected to attend our monthly discussion group meetings, 7-8:15 pm, one Wednesday night each month. Click here for the class schedule.
5. 8th and 9th graders should have also received an account from Ascension to Thinkific so they can do their T3 Teen Timeline lessons from home. If you did not receive an email from Ascension, here's what they recommend:
Everyone has been enrolled and was sent the same email you were originally sent with the Sign in instructions titled "Welcome to Ascension". If anyone says they didn't receive the emails, they may go to ascensionpress.thinkific.com and click "Forgot Password?". They will then enter the email address you submitted to us and an email will be sent to them to set their password. Once they have completed this, they will have full access to their Thinkific account.
6. Any questions? Contact us.